About Elevator World
What We Do
Elevator World, Inc. serves the global building-transportation industry. It employs specialists in Mobile, Alabama, and has technical and news correspondents around the world. The staff in Mobile is involved in editorial, production, advertising, circulation, marketing and administrative activities related to both print and online publishing. Products and divisions include ELEVATOR WORLD magazine; the EW SOURCE, the most inclusive directory for the international elevator and escalator industry; EW India, a quarterly magazine for the growing Indian elevator industry; the Educational/Book Publishing Division; continuing education and certification that includes at least six accredited articles published in the magazine each year; three electronic newsletters that reach more than 30,000 industry personnel; and an online network of websites visited by over 900,000 industry professionals each year.
Elevator World, Inc. was founded in January 1953 by William C. Sturgeon, partner and president of Mobile Elevator & Equipment Co., a southern U.S. contracting firm. From 1953 until 1963, Sturgeon remained with the company, while publishing EW. In 1963, after selling his contracting firm to Montgomery Elevator Co. (later absorbed into KONE Inc.), Sturgeon became the full-time publisher and editor of EW.
The mission of ELEVATOR WORLD is the intelligent collection, management and distribution of information of and for the benefit of the industry, while providing a global marketing platform that expands the reach of the industry to all corners of the world.
Board of Directors
Elevator World, Inc. enjoys the benefit of a board of directors who represent various aspects of business. Five directors with business, financial and legal backgrounds form the executive committee, while the remaining members of the board bring a wealth of experience from the vertical transportation industry.
The Board includes:
• Ricia S. Hendrick, Elevator World, Inc.
• T. Bruce MacKinnon, Elevator World, Inc.
• Gina McKellar, financial advisor, Crow Shields Bailey PC
• Jonathan Charest, financial planner, Charest Company, LLP
• Jim Green, attorney, Wright, Green, P.C.
• Robert “Bobby” Schaeffer, D & D Elevator Maintenance, Inc. (USA)
• John Koshak, Elevator Safety Solutions, LLC (USA)
• Robert Lane, Elevator Motors Corporation (USA)
• Martha Hulgan, Otis Elevator Co. (USA)
• Massimo Bezzi, ICM Lift Components (Italy)
• Achim Huetter, Achim Hütter – Consulting (Germany)
• TAK Mathews, TAK Consulting Pvt. Ltd. (India)