The 2020 Elevator World Photo Contest is now closed for submissions.
Thank you to everyone who submitted photos in this year’s contest! Our panel of judges will meet during the week of July 20 to narrow down the finalists to the top 20 in each category. Due to the fantastic photos we have received this year, this will certainly be a tough task for our judges.
We will notify all finalists by August 3.
Voting will take place from August 24 – September 4. Elevator World will send an email to the industry promoting that voting is open. All voting will take place on this webpage. Keep checking back for any updates.
Thanks again for representing our industry in photos…you did indeed rise to the occasion. We had more than 250 submissions this year!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Welcome to the 2020 Elevator World Photo Contest!
Send us your best shots and you could win cash and be published in ELEVATOR WORLD magazine! We look forward to viewing the elevator world through your unique lens.
An EW panel of judges will first choose up to 20 finalists from each category. Those finalists will then be presented online during the month of August 2020 where our readers will vote and ultimately decide the best of the best.
The winners and runner-ups from each category will be featured in the November 2020 issue of ELEVATOR WORLD and highlighted online. In addition, ALL qualified submissions will be posted in a special photo contest gallery on elevatorworld.com/media.
First Place Winners in each category can choose one of the following prizes:
- US$250.00 Cash or
- The equivalent in Elevator World Advertising or
- The equivalent in Elevator World Educational Products
- Contest entry period begins September 17, 2019, and ends July 15, 2020.
- Photographs must be in high-resolution digital format of at least 300 dpi and in .jpg format. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this contest.
- Photographs must be 2 MB or less and 3,000 x 3,000 pixels or less.
- For photographs to be accepted, you must complete the entry form. Complete a separate form for each photo submitted. All photographs will be credited with the submitter's or photographer's name.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) are also acceptable.
- All submissions will become the property of Elevator World, Inc.
- Previously submitted photos are not eligible for the 2020 contest.
- Elevator World reserves the right to accept or reject any submissions for not complying with the contest rules.
- Elevators (Commercial)
- Elevators (Private Residence)
- Escalators & Moving Walks
- Historical & Legacy Equipment
- Machines & Components
- City Skylines & Tall Buildings
- Who Reads Elevator World?*
- Industry Art/Illustrations**
- Best Home Office During Quarantine (Working from home? Upload a photo of your home office and how you are working during this unique time.) - NEW
***This category is new for 2020! Rules for this category are as follows:
**Can be any type of art or illustration, including, but not limited to: hand-drawn, painted, computer-illustrated, etc..
**We reserve the right to use your artwork for cover photos, advertisements, Elevator World marketing, etc. and will credit you as the artist when we do so
**Art must be your original work and be industry relevant, such as skylines/buildings, machines/components, elevators (lifts), escalators, moving walks, dumbwaiters, material lifts, inclined lifts, etc...
*Don't miss the Who Reads EW? category where readers send their best and unique photos reading the magazine!