The 2020 Elevator World Photo Contest is now open for submissions. Submit a photo in any of our nine categories and you could win cash and be featured in
ELEVATOR WORLD magazine. The deadline is April 24, 2020. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Welcome to the 2020 Elevator World Photo Contest!
Send us your best shots and you could win cash and be published in ELEVATOR WORLD magazine! We look forward to viewing the elevator world through your unique lens.
An EW panel of judges will first choose up to 20 finalists from each category. Those finalists will then be presented online during the month of May 2020 where our readers will vote and ultimately decide the best of the best.
The winners and runner-ups from each category will be featured in the August 2020 issue of ELEVATOR WORLD and highlighted online. In addition, ALL qualified submissions will be posted in a special photo contest gallery on elevatorworld.com/media.
First Place Winners in each category can choose one of the following prizes:
- US$250.00 Cash or
- The equivalent in Elevator World Advertising or
- The equivalent in Elevator World Educational Products
- Contest entry period begins September 17, 2019, and ends April 24, 2020.
- Photographs must be in high-resolution digital format of at least 300 dpi and in .jpg format. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this contest.
- Photographs must be 2 MB or less and 3,000 x 3,000 pixels or less.
- For photographs to be accepted, you must complete the entry form. Complete a separate form for each photo submitted. All photographs will be credited with the submitter's or photographer's name.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) are also acceptable.
- All submissions will become the property of Elevator World, Inc.
- Previously submitted photos are not eligible for the 2020 contest.
- Elevator World reserves the right to accept or reject any submissions for not complying with the contest rules.
- Elevators (Commercial)
- Elevators (Private Residence)
- Escalators & Moving Walks
- Historical & Legacy Equipment
- Machines & Components
- City Skylines & Tall Buildings
- Who Reads Elevator World?*
- Industry Art/Illustrations**
***This category is new for 2020! Rules for this category are as follows:
**Can be any type of art or illustration, including, but not limited to: hand-drawn, painted, computer-illustrated, etc..
**We reserve the right to use your artwork for cover photos, advertisements, Elevator World marketing, etc. and will credit you as the artist when we do so
**Art must be your original work and be industry relevant, such as skylines/buildings, machines/components, elevators (lifts), escalators, moving walks, dumbwaiters, material lifts, inclined lifts, etc...
*Don't miss the Who Reads EW? category where readers send their best and unique photos reading the magazine!